Well, just one for now. After 2 years of looking up at generic Ikea paper lamp shades I decided it was time for a bit of creativity. I’d seen a few examples of crochet lampshades online and decided to give it a go. I managed to find two bargainous lampshades for £3.50 at a charity shop.
I started by just crocheting a row of doubles around the bottom of the frame, which was pretty tricky.
Crocheting with the frame between my legs was pretty cumbersome.
It has taken quite a long time given that it’s not exactly a portable project.
The stitch is shell stitch. I didn’t follow any sort of pattern, I just crocheted until it felt a bit loose then decreased a few stitches. I found a couple of good videos to show how to increase and decrease the shell stitch.
I finished with a shell scallop around the bottom, which I fear makes it a bit twee (as if a crocheted lamp shade isn’t twee enough!). Twee isn’t really my style but it needed something to finish it off.
I’m really pleased with it. I still have another frame so I need to decide what I want to do with that one. Of course, I will keep you posted!