This was a rather spontaneous yarn bombing. This snowflake has been hanging around for ages. It was a prototype that I had adapted from a flower pattern, and I used it for trying out my paste-on fabric stiffener.
We took the kids out for a bracing walk and I stuffed this in my pocket on the way out. Managed to hang it and get a picture before it got too dark.
Betty and I also spent much of the afternoon making a mess Christmas cards with cut out sponges. It was one of the activities in her advent calendar.
Anyway, as you can see from the first picture, I managed to convert the flower pattern from 6ichthusfish into snowflakes. On Round 4, instead of crocheting 7tr into the 2ch space I did 3tr, 3ch, 3tr into each 2ch space, which makes the pointy ends. Add a chain which you sl st in to make the loop. I’m not mentioning the C-word, but you know, there’s a mini ice age round the corner so I’m just getting you in the mood…